This week in Linux news, The Linux Foundation’s senior director of security, Emily Ratliff, ranks among Business Insider’s list of the “Most Powerful Women Engineers,” The Open Mainframe Project announces new areas of focus, and more! Stay informed with these recent top Linux headlines:
1) Emily Ratliff, senior director of security at The Linux Foundation, is #15 on Business Insider’s “26 of the most powerful women engineers in 2016” list.
26 of the Most Powerful Women Engineers in 2016– Business Insider
2) The Open Mainframe Project, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, announces new initiatives, investments, and an internship program.
3) Users report an inability to join calls on Skype for Linux and blame Microsoft for shirking OSS.
4) A version of Linux Mint has been hacked to contain a backdoor and trick users into downloading.
5) Linus Torvalds explains his practical approach to sharing code in a talk at TED 2016.
>> Source: Linux.com