Having a complete IT department is not a feasible solution for most small businesses. Luckily, “Managed IT Services” from TC Net-Works, Inc. is available to help.
For small businesses in today’s high-tech society, Information Technology (IT) has become a significant consideration. Small business owners are under constant pressure to conduct business more efficiently and improve the productivity of its employees, while at the same time reduce costs. In addition to these normal business challenges, many small businesses are frustrated by the difficulties of dealing with new emerging technologies. Implementing new technology is a challenging job for small business owners and can cause numerous difficulties in day-to-day operations. Computers often are struck with problems such as security threats, server and email access malfunctions. Company systems often do not operate at their optimal level to fully satisfy the business needs, and a huge amount of downtime is experienced waiting for technicians to come and solve each problem. These small system disruptions and downtime add up, and greatly affect the revenue of the company. The bottom line is that most small companies today do not experience the best performance possible from their IT applications. Instead of focusing on revenue generating activities, small business owners are stuck trying to find solutions for technology problems. As smaller companies are increasingly becoming more dependent on IT systems, it has become very crucial to find cost effective ways to manage technology. Growth-oriented companies need a well-organized IT infrastructure so that they can focus on the business instead of trying to solve IT failures. However, having a complete IT de¬partment is not a viable solution for most small businesses, and very few small companies can afford to deploy even one permanent IT employee. Fortunately, there is a service known as “Managed IT Services” that is proving to be quite helpful in managing small business technology.
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT services are provided by an outside firm like TC Net-Works, Inc. Managed Service Providers employ consultants who specialize in small busi¬ness networks, computer support, and security. Generally, managed IT services are delivered from a remote location via the Internet, but on-site proactive and emergency services are also provided when necessary. Services range from basic monitoring to fully managed services. Overall support for day-to-day operations and on-demand support for any other major need is also provided by these IT consulting groups. Managed services are usually provided on flat monthly fee or per device basis.
There is growing variety of services that are provided by IT consultants or Managed Service Providers.
TC Net-Works, Inc. Managed Services Includes:
- Computer & Server Support
- Remote Network Monitoring & Network Security
- Data Backup & Disaster Recovery
- Custom Technology Solutions
- Technology Evaluation & Planning
- IT Asset Tracking
Computer & Server Support
Regular maintenance and monitoring of company computers is essential to optimized desktop performance. We offer various solutions for ensuring that computers are functioning properly and are protected against all of the latest technology threats and disasters. Consultants also provide troubleshooting services and recommendations to prevent the same problem from happening again. Solutions also include server installation and administration.
Remote Network Monitoring & Network Security
Remote monitoring of the critical components of a network such as serv¬ers and firewalls is also provided. Consultants troubleshoot problems remotely to minimize network downtime. With automatic alerting systems, issues are resolved before they can signifi¬cantly impact network performance.
Small businesses need computer and network security. IT consulting companies provide tools and practices such as spam manage¬ment and firewall management.
Data Backup & Disaster Recovery
Backing up data is essential and should not be ignored, yet many small businesses do not perform backups. In a remote backup facility, a backup of files is made regularly over the Internet, and files are stored in a secure, off-site data storage facility. Remote Backup and Online Backup Services help small businesses avert data loss in case of any disaster.
Custom Technology Solutions
IT consultants recommend and provide custom designed software and technology solu¬tions according to the unique needs of each small business. Depending on the project needs and requirements, IT consultants help small busi¬nesses determine the technology best suited to their business needs. Custom solutions include: VPN, Remote Office Connectivity, VOIP, Web Integration, ERP Software, Graphic Design, Mobile and Unified Communications Systems, and/or Virtualization.
Technology Evaluation & Planning
Most small business owners employ an “ad-hoc” approach to dealing with technology, with no long term plan for future needs. IT consulting companies provide a comprehensive computer and network assessment, and evaluate the current IT setup to suggest possible changes to maximize technology effectiveness for the small business.
IT Asset Tracking
Keeping track of employees’ equipment as well as usernames and passwords is a headache for any business owner. By utilizing proven techniques and automated inventory tracking, managed IT service providers can readily provide needed information to business owners. Assistance is provided in identifying employee system misuse and processing company protective measures against information grabbing of newly terminated personnel.
Key Benefits of Managed Services
Most small companies use the “break/fix model” of technology manage¬ment: when technology fails, a consultant is called in to fix the problem and the company pays a fee for the service. This method results in repeated downtime and lost productivity. The problem with this model is that consultants are not motivated to keep the client’s network and systems running efficiently because the consultant makes more money when the technology breaks down.
Reasons Business Owners Should Consider the Managed IT Services Solution
- Managed services provide affordable solutions to the complex technology problems of small businesses for a fixed monthly fee.
- The managed services model is beneficial to both the client and the technology expert because small businesses have the advantage of lower rates and better services while technology experts get the fixed monthly fee from multiple customers.
- With managed services, small business owners have access to exter¬nal technology experts who are constantly available to monitor and fix company networks.
- Managed IT services also provide small businesses with access to a wide array of tools that are normally assets of larger companies only.
- By letting IT consultants manage their technology, small businesses can keep the network protected against the latest security breaches, as well as reap the benefits of a larger IT team working for their company at very little cost.
- With remote monitoring and maintenance of the network, technology problems are resolved before they can disrupt the business, and network and hardware performance is greatly improved, with a significant de¬crease in network downtime.
- Managed IT Services help small business owners by simplifying IT operations and improving the reliability of networks.
- Instead of spending time worrying about technology, small business owners can stay focused on growing their businesses.